Cylindrical / Universal and Surface Grinder (Aerospace)
Posted on May 27, 2019 by CV-Library
Kenard Engineering is a well-established, privately owned manufacturing company specialising in CNC flexible machining, using state of the art multi-pallet machine tools, manufacturing components for the aerospace, oil & gas and telecommunications industries. We are a world class supplier of mechanical parts and our success is created through teamwork.
Based in Dartford we have an opening for a Cylindrical / Universal and Surface Grinder in our Tooling Department. The role involves using manual and auto processes to produce conforming tooling and products as specified in the batch card. The basic working week is 39hrs, additional hours at overtime rate of time and a half are available to suit business demands.
1. Working from engineering drawings, and following job batch cards.
2. Setting and operating a Jones and Shipman Manual cylindrical grinder.
3. Setting and operation a manual surface grinder.
4. Machining to tight tolerances (+/- 1 micron).
5. Working with Steels, Inconel and Titanium.
6. Carry out other manual machining on a manual Lathe and manual Mill.
7. Set, run and maintain a Lapping machine.
8. Quality inspection of all parts produced, using quality measuring equipment.
9. Stamp for all work carried out as completed.
1. 4 - Year Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
2. Experience in manual cylindrical and surface grinding.
3. Experience in manual turning / milling.
4. Capable of proving out new jobs.
5. Consistent and accurate use of manual gauges and instruments to verify product conformity in process.
6. Competent in manual handling.
7. Competent in lifting slinging, including the safe use of cranes.
8. Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, including customer specific variations / conventions.
9. Basic understanding of the requirements of AS9100.
Desirable Competencies, although training can be given:
1. Understanding of LEAN manufacturing.
2. Working knowledge of 5S.
3. Working knowledge of LEAN.
4. CMM Operation.
5. Competent to use a shadowgraph (moulds).
6. Background in aerospace and / or oil & gas manufacture.
7. Can do attitude.
In return we offer competitive rate of pay and benefits - depending on experience and skills, a friendly working environment and excellent working conditions