Associate Mechanical Engineer / Director (Building Services)
Posted on May 27, 2019 by CV-Library
It is essential that the Associate Mechanical Design Engineer / Director should be based in or locally to rural Surrey. You will be leading a small team of dedicated engineers on some challenging projects including High-End Residential Apartments and other Commercial, Education, Leisure & Retail projects.
The Associate Mechanical Design Engineer / Director will be expected to direct and lead a strong team of engineers as well as being involved with the hands-on design of Residential & Commercial projects. This role would suit an experienced Principal Engineer looking for their first step up to director level, as well as Associate Mechanical Design Engineers / Directors looking to cement their role in an ever-growing MEP Consultancy.
You will be representing the business in Client Meetings so must have a likeable character, be a capable leader and a fantastic communicator.
Associate Mechanical Engineer/Director - Position Overview
You will be carrying out hands-on designs of M&E systems on Residential, Commercial, Education, Retail & other Building Services projects.
You will be leading a small team of Graduate, Intermediate and Senior Design Engineer
Coaching and developing other Design engineers. This is a ‘hands-on’ role so you will also be expected to actively review, in conjunction with the process owners, the design process.
You will also produce schematics, elevations, details in AutoCAD which meet engineering directives, UK engineering standards, CDM regulations and quality procedures, as well as providing and checking engineering calculations as required.
You will be working for a tight-knit team who have a big focus on office camaraderie & local social/charity events.
Associate Mechanical Engineer/Director - Position Requirements
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Fantastic communication skills
* Membership of a professional engineering body (preferably Associate Engineer, training towards a Chartered Engineer).
* Degree or equivalent in Engineering (or equivalent)
* Previous practical design experience in Building Services engineering
* High level working knowledge of UK building design standards
* High level of professionalism at all times
* Effective time management
* Must be local to, or in a commutable distance to Surrey
Associate Mechanical Engineer/Director - Position Remuneration
* Salary of £65-75k dependant on experience
* Office working hours
* Pension Scheme
* Discretionary bonus scheme
* Holiday package
* Other benefits to be discussed
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment