Mechanical Design Engineer - Principal/Associate
Posted on May 27, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is an established and reputable multi-disciplinary consultancy that has been operating in the M&E sector for more than 45 years. They have an impressive client list and work on a variety of projects, both large and small across different sectors, predominantly commercial and residential, as well as hotel, mixed use, student accommodation, care homes etc.
* Managing teams and projects, mentoring junior staff.
* Responsibility for all technical aspects of projects from inception to completion.
* Ensuring delivery of projects on time and to budget, monitoring workload against deliverables.
* Giving technical presentations to the professional team, delivering internal training/seminars.
* Developing new business opportunities and winning work.
* Financial management including negotiating fees.
* Reviewing appointment documents and scopes of service.
* Demonstrating leadership in all aspects of Health & Safety.
* Assisting directors with recruitment, performance reviews etc.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
* Academic requirement: BEng/equal or demonstrable practical experience.
* Attained or working towards Chartered status.
* An excellent understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages, Part L, the CDM Regulations, BREEAM, renewable technology etc. and be able to share your knowledge.
* Highly proficient in the use of the following systems; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Hevacomp or IES, Outlook. Preferably conversant with and able to use AutoCAD and Revit.
* Experienced in condition surveys/report writing (including pre-acquisition, vendor, dilapidations, etc.).
* An excellent understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines, other than your own.
* A flair for working on smaller and quick turnaround projects and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
* A high level of attention to detail and a good level of oral and written communication, in particular you will have well developed report writing skills.
* Proven leadership and financial management experience.
* Presentable and professional in your demeanour with first-class interpersonal skills.
For further information and to apply for the role contact Jon Oldknow on (phone number removed) or click on the apply button