Posted on May 27, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000/annum plus a performance-related bonus
Working Hours: (phone number removed) hrs (lunch break ½ hour)
Are you excited about turning concepts into reality in the delivery of construction projects, to high standards of quality, cost and time?
We are a specialist contractor with a southern office in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire (where this vacancy is situated) reporting to our head office in Stafford. We design, supply and install bespoke finishing elements of cladding, mostly to large national building contractors working in the new-build multi-storey residential market. We call this “Statement Cladding”.
There is a current opportunity for a Design Technician to join our team, working alongside our Project Managers and Assistants in the delivery of multiple projects.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Understanding design concepts and specifications
* Translating these into creative and practical solutions
* Generating production and installation drawings
* Use of CAD software, mostly in 2D but also some 3D
* Understanding and working to industry standards
* Liaising with other design professionals
* Coordinating site surveys, and sometimes conducting them yourself
* Managing outputs to meet our customers’ programmes (our “Run-to-Time” concept)
* Expanding our company knowledgebase for new and existing products
We are looking for someone who:
* Is keenly interested in construction design
* Gives high attention to detail
* Knows how to create and interpret construction specifications and drawings
* Is able to grasp the requirements of multiple projects simultaneously
* Takes the initiative when confronted with design challenges
* Embodies our company values: loyal, trustworthy, progressive, flexible and collaborative
* Wants to train, develop and grow with the company