Project Manager / Project Engineer
Posted on May 27, 2019 by CV-Library
Due to a planned expansion of their technical capability they are looking to strengthen their Project Management team and as such are looking to secure a Project Manager / Project Engineer on a permanent basis ASAP.
Purpose of the role:
To plan, organise and control activities so that all projects are completed successfully on time, to cost and to quality specifications.
Main Duties and Account abilities
* Reporting to the Global Operations Director to give progress of assigned projects.
* Project tasks; including project start review. Whilst running project ensuring we meet time, cost and functionality of multiple projects.
* Project close review to check margins, continually ensuring the project meets our ISO9000 requirement , as well as various EC Directives
* To manage the projects on site, and ensure we comply to site safety (site safety supervisor qualification an advantage) needed to work on site in UK, abroad.
* Degree qualified
* Knowledge of Prince2 would be desirable.
* Sufficient experience to be able to see issues early
* Good communicator and ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to work with difficult and not so difficult customers.
* Motivated with a positive attitude and determination to ensure projects are driven forward
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel & Prince
* Flexible to a hands on approach as and when necessary.
* European languages will be beneficial.
* General active attitude to life, but ability to stay calm when needed.
Working knowledge and experience
The candidate is expected to have a strong knowledge of general engineering and the issues which bring projects together on time, especially with concurrent activity.
A wide understanding of the 3 engineering disciplines is needed projects include, mechanical (hydraulic), electronic control, and civil engineering.
The candidate should understand basic project accounting, profit & loss, margins etc.
* Experience of running projects at home and abroad
* Sense of urgency to push a project onward
* Liaison with in-house production team, subcontractors and suppliers.
* Liaising with customers and overseeing installations will require travel.
* Understanding of EC legislation : Machinery Directive.
* Awareness of and/or qualification of site safety
Salary details are confidential and will be discussed on application.
If you are interested in this role then please get in contact ASAP with the following reference number: #2398
£35k - £60k Annual
£35k - £55k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£32k - £40k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual