Assistant Branch Manager - Electrical Wholesale
Posted on May 27, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Ref: ERS-884
Our client has a great opportunity for an individual to support with the management in their Leeds branch as an Assistant Branch Manager. You will be required to build on the branch’s existing success within the electrical wholesale sector. You will support the Branch Manager with tasks including management of staff and ensuring that sales, profit and service level targets are consistently achieved.
• Manage the internal sales office on a daily basis, driving account management activities with branch colleagues, whilst having their own basket of accounts to manage.
• Personally provide account management for nominated accounts and share current customer trading information with relevant colleagues.
• Support the Business Manager to implement the strategic and tactical business plan for the branch and convert this into profitable day-to-day business performance.
• Champion and drive forward sales and customer service initiatives within the branch team.
• Monitor and take appropriate action to ensure that the branch achieves its daily sales/profitability targets and all agreed service levels.
• Manage the Customer Order trackers on a daily basis, regularly reviewing and taking relevant action.
• Contribute to the effective operation of the business through active collaboration in activities required as a senior member of the local branch management team and the recognised deputy to the Business Manager.
• Work with the Business Manager to develop and implement customer terms and pricing and ensure that these are clearly understood by branch and external sales colleagues.
• Work with the Business Manager to cultivate collaborative working relationships with key suppliers, review and maintain the branch stock profile in liaison with Supply Chain colleagues.
• Actively identify and manage local stock levels, in conjunction with Supply Chain colleagues, to ensure optimum stock levels and action reductions in slow moving and obsolete inventory.
• Ensure that the Operational Checklist (Daily/Weekly/Monthly) is reviewed as required and all actions are followed up.
• Co-ordinate cycle counting activities and personally review/check after it has been completed by branch colleagues, including stock adjustments, in line with process and audit requirements, flagging up any discrepancies without delay.
• Complete invoice review and authorisation on a daily basis in the absence of the Business Manager.
• Continually review branch operating systems, procedures and practices and implement any changes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency, and to reduce costs.
• Support the Branch Manager in achieving business goals by training, coaching and appraising branch colleagues to deliver enhanced performance and build their capabilities.
• Assist the Branch Manager in people related issues, including attendance, performance and conduct so that their operational performance delivers budget targets, agreed KPI’s and is in line with company standards.
• High levels of product, electrical industry and local customer and competitor base knowledge
• High levels of commercial acumen
• Strong sales and negotiation skills, including telesales and account management
• Sound knowledge of branch processes and procedures across all branch functions
• Demonstrated passion for providing first class customer service
• Stand in for Business Manager in times of absence
They offer an excellent package which includes a vehicle, pension, life assurance, medical cover option and 25 days holiday plus statutory holiday.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this role please apply now.
ERS UK Ltd are a leading resourcing company who currently partner a host of electrical wholesale clients throughout the UK. Due to our industry experience we are extremely well placed to research and make the best possible match between the needs of our clients and the requirements of our candidates.We achieve this through hard work, professionalism and diligence combined with an extensive network of contacts across the industry. With over 25 years’ experience in recruiting, we are able to source the highest calibre candidates for our clients whilst ensuring that candidates are kept well informed during the recruiting process. We have an enviable reputation in the industry for delivering a first class service to both clients and candidates