Senior Network Support Engineer
Posted on May 27, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: Up to £32,000 + Benefits
Our client are provider of scalable end-to end IT solutions and are looking to add an ambitious Senior Network Engineer to their team in Derby.
This vacancy offers the right candidate the opportunity to learn and develop in their networking skills in a cutting edge service provider environment with access to many technologies and products. Joining a team of Cisco, Juniper & Fortinet certified experts, you will have the opportunity to develop new skills.
* Proven track record of providing third/fourth line network support
* Experience of supporting Cisco and/or Juniper networks
* Experience of supporting LAN, WAN, WLAN, Security products and infrastructures
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Have a can do attitude, be pro-active, enthusiastic and be able to pick up and learn new technologies in a fast moving dynamically changing environment
Qualifications/Certifications (or equivalent practical exposure)
Qualifications are less important to us than ability, however the following would be advantageous
* Cisco CCNP, Juniper JNCIS/JNCIP, Fortinet NSE4/5/6
Key tasks & Responsibilities:
* Primary point of escalation for support engineers
* Mentoring and training of support engineers, and service desk engineers
* Management of P1 & P2 support tickets
* Management of vendor TAC cases
* Monitoring of SLAs & ensuring tickets are actioned and updated
* Liaising with other engineers, teams and service desk on support issues
* Management of customer escalations
* Supporting customers networks – Ethernet LANs & WANs, routers, switches, firewalls
This will be a multidiscipline role requiring hands-on technical, team leader & fault management capabilities.
You may be required to attend customer sites and visit remote sites; therefore a full UK driving license is essential.
Although not essential, the ability to support or knowledge of Fortinet Fortigate Firewalls, service provider networks (MPLS/OTV/VPLS) and data centre networks (Cisco Nexus) would be advantageous