Business Analyst - Learning Sector
Posted on May 25, 2019 by Recruitment Genius
You will be joining a small, friendly PMO team in a flexible and supportive IT department. This role offers the chance to develop as a BA and gain good experiences of working in an Agile software development environment and become involved in solutions design.
The ideal candidate will have worked on development projects, package implementations and have some experience of testing. Experience of working with offshore development teams, external vendors and clients would be an advantage. The employer offers a competitive benefits package, flexible working and career development opportunities.
You will need the following skills and experience:
- A proven track record of working as a business analyst on projects which have a high degree of system customisations and bespoke development
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Some experience of testing including writing test scripts
- A good toolkit of requirements elicitation and analysis techniques including the ability to run workshops with stakeholders
- Have a base understanding of data and systems architectures and a willingness to develop further understanding in this area.
- A strong business benefits focus with the ability to prioritise work based on business and contractual obligations
- Exceptional team working, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of requirements management tools e.g. Rally, Jira
Any of the following would be an advantage, but are not essential:
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, preferably SCRUM
- Working with offshore development teams
- Understanding of change management and how to implement change
- Experience of working with external clients, working within SLA's and contractual obligations
- An awareness of ISO 27001 & ISO 22301.
A salary is offered up to £45k plus a flexible and competitive benefits package including 25 days' holiday, pension, healthcare, life insurance etc. The client also offers flexible working hours and the option to work at home up to 2 days per week (after satisfactory completion of probation). The post is a permanent and full time position based in Central/North London N7.
This company is acting as an employment agency with regards this position.