Posted on May 25, 2019 by Sky Betting & Gaming
We are hiring a Business Analyst for our in-house software engineering teams.
Join one of the most exciting tech teams in Sheffield and part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering high-quality software solutions regularly, repeatedly and predictably in a high volume, always-on digital service environment using Lean and Agile methods.
We have a busy three-year roadmap that we need you to play a key part in delivering. Work with stakeholders and product managers to deliver value, realise opportunities and tackle problems.
No previous experience in sports betting? No problem - we have many experts to learn from, and the expertise you'll bring is what we value. Salary and benefits packages reflect the high standard in our tech teams, with excellent training and development opportunities for all.How you will do it…
Reporting to the Head of Delivery you will:
- Be a role model and an amazing colleague demonstrating an analytical, experimental approach to problem solving, realising opportunities and maximizing value delivered
- Ensure there is a common, detailed understanding of the value, problem/ opportunity
- Provide the voice of the customer, ensuring the team understand the customer motivations, goals and pain points.
- Break opportunities / problems down into meaningful iterations and user stories to minimize dependencies and facilitate the continuous delivery of value.
- Assist in prioritisation and backlog management to ensure the continuous and efficient delivery of value.
- Work in collaboration with other squad members to ensure that user stories and acceptance criteria are of sufficient quality for development and test.
- Facilitate workshops and elaborate work items to ensure a common understanding of success.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team members throughout the delivery process, responding to changes as they arise to avoid rework and bugs.
- Play an active role in the evaluation of all deliverables to ensure completeness and quality against requirements.
- Ensure meaningful success measures are in place to measure the success of all deliverables.
- Work alongside Agile Delivery Lead and Product Owner to prioritize work and provide input to road map.
- Be an active facilitator and participant in team ceremonies (e.g. retrospectives).
- A self-starter, inquisitive, never satisfied with the status-quo.
- A clear, concise and influential communicator.
- Confident and credible when working with stakeholders.
- Commercially astute.
At Sky Betting and Gaming we have fun whilst working hard with a strong emphasis on customer focus, teamwork and innovation. We believe in the power of small, autonomous teams with a clear purpose and the support they need to become masters of their craft. We are not wedded to any specific practices other than the practice of continuous improvement which means we aren't afraid to change things if we think it will help us be better.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at .Mon to Fri - Standard
£95k - £95k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£33k - £48k Annual
£32k - £32k Annual
£65k - £65k Annual