Sales Development Representative
Posted on May 24, 2019 by Univar Solutions
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources - inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
So are you ready for on-the-job professional development and preparing for the next step in your career with a Fortune 500 Commercial Organization?
Univar Solutions is looking for energetic and determined individuals to work closely with Univar's commercial teams to generate growth by actively hunting new business opportunities at existing or new customers with the intent to generate profitable sales growth. These individuals would constitute a talent pool that is designed to allow professional skill building through a clearly defined learning and earning path. As a result, the individual would be eligible for future sales opportunities.
This role is a consultative business development position where you are contacting customers that need the products we distribute, finding out about their needs and issues, and offering solutions to help them and their business. It is not a product-pushing role or a hard sell, and success is hinged on relationship development, connection, curiosity, quick-thinking, and drive for results.
Qualified candidates should be confident and adept at communicating Univar's value proposition, highly organized, extremely detail oriented, possess a strong desire to work in fast-paced environment and provide great customer service.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will:
- Partner closely with Univar's Commercial Team in a hunter role to achieve double-digit year over year growth.
- Develop and qualify new leads via cold-calling and email prospecting efforts within a base of former customers, house accounts, new customers from Internet research and new marketing efforts aligned with campaigns.
- Assess and convert smaller customers to MyUnivar, our digital sales platform.
- Identify multiple prospect contacts (high, deep and wide) at former customers, current house accounts and new prospect accounts.
- Once generated, leads would be assigned to the appropriate Field Sales Account Manager (SAM) or Inside Sales Account Manager (ISAM) and appointments would be set for the Account Manager.
- Effectively utilize Salesforce tools to:
- Enter new prspect accounts into SFDC.
- Meticulusly complete/update prospect activities, Customer Product Profile, and Opportunity information and document call outcomes for transition to SAM.
- Identify, aggregate, and reprt on all Univar prospect opportunities and growth opportunities.
- Document and track call metrics.
Qualifications and skills required for consideration:
- BA/BS degree (or in-progress)
- Proven track record or can demonstrate the drive to be successful in market and customer development with 0-2 years of experience in phone-based lead generation, inside sales and/or business development activities
- Able to prospect and qualify potential customers effectively virtually (email and phone), and build strong and lasting business relationships
- Exceptional phone skills and an out-of-the-box thinker
- Experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Office is strongly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication required
- Independent, driven, self-starter, with an ability to be flexible with the changing needs of a fast-paced distribution environment
- Excellent time management skills required along with strong organizational skills and the ability to handle diverse and significant workload
- Ability to conduct presentations
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.