Senior Business Analyst
Posted on May 24, 2019 by TalkTalk
Location: Soapworks - Salford Quays, Manchester
Start date_ ASAP
Salary: Competitive + bonus/benefits
We are currently looking for a number of Senior Business Analyst to join our expanding office in Manchester, Salford Quays!
As a Senior Business Analyst you will be accountable for shaping and delivering analysis on a wide range of projects or programmes of work across group.
In particular, the Senior Business Analyst must be able to deliver high quality analysis in complex cross functional/multi-platform situations with the absolute minimum of supervision from a Lead or Principal Analyst. The senior BA may also be supervising and directing the analysis activities of other analysts on the same project/programme. The Senior BA is likely to have a deep and broad understanding of the TalkTalk organisation and its processes/systems within a change setting.
How will I add value?
You will work with sponsors and technology shape and assess feasibility of programmes and/or projects during ShapeIt phase.
You will devise & communicate/gain buy in to approach and plan for analysis on project during PlanIt
You will work in partnership with business teams to;
You will Understand and map current state end-to-end customer journeys and business processes in the corporate repository
You will Facilitate/drive the design of target state journeys/processes and map them in the corporate repository.
You will work in partnership with business and technology delivery teams to capture, analyse, define and document deliverable business change requirements. Inclusive on non-functional requirements.
You will drive analysis to identify the systems and process impacts arising from agreed business requirements and translate requirements into systems functional/behavioural models (e.g Use Cases, Screen Navigations etc)
You will represent the business' interests during the design and development processes to
You will also_
- Identify and agree solution options to meet business objectives/requirements
- Ensure that requirements are delivered against, and/or manage any changes to requirements arising during the delivery lifecycle.
- Identify and manage analysis Risks, Issues, Assumptions, Dependencies, Constraints
- Work with testing teams to ensure that test strategies/cases match requirements
- Work with business readiness teams to ensure impending changes are well understood for a successful implementation
For us stakeholder management is essential you will_
- B uild a robust base of business and technology stakeholder relationships
- Develop an understanding of the needs of stakeholders from SME and up to Head of/Director level
- Engage stakeholders through effective communications
- Influence stakeholders to gain buy in to analysis approach & solutions.
Commercial and strategic awareness
- Build an understanding of the business environment into which the project analysis will deliver
- Demonstrate an understanding of key business metrics and KPIs relevant to the project
- Focus on the customer to ensure analysis & solutions remain true to the objective of delivering great products and services
- Demonstrate leadership skills by taking accountability for self in all actions and leading by example
- Accountable for analysis delivery of other BAs on the same project assignment or programme
- Accountable for managing contingent analysis resource, if required.
- Drive quality practice standards by;
- Coaching & mentoring business analysts
- Leading analysis standards and quality improvement initiatives
- Sharing knowledge within the team
- Ensure adherence to all business compliance and security standards
- Demonstrate a commitment to TalkTalk essentials and seek opportunities for personal development
- Demonstrate a positive 'can-do' attitude and contribute to an energetic and motivated team environment
- Seek opportunities to learn to assist in building capability of the analysis team by advocating business analysis skills, methodologies, tools and techniques. Also by sharing knowledge acquired during delivery.
What do I need in order to deliver in this role?
- Significant Business Analysis delivery in waterfall/iterative/agile
- Ability to communicate effectively & influence at director level
- Bring structure to the ambiguous/unknown
- Exceptional problem solving skills & techniques
- Ability to grasp abstract/new concepts quickly
Be Great to also have :
- Deep / Broad cross functional understanding of telco products & processes
- Bachelor Degree (BA ,BSc, BEng)
We value the importance of recognising and rewarding our colleagues at TalkTalk. As well as providing a great range of core benefits such as annual bonus, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance, we also_
- Embrace flexible working
- Support you to achieve your career goals
- Offer income protection and life assurance
- Offer a range of discounts on products and shopping