Senior C# Developer
Posted on May 24, 2019 by Set2Recruit
Application Development for a well-established logistic business. Working closely with the Business Analysts in understanding application requirements and develop software solutions, either by creating new or modifying existing applications. You'll be performing QA on all deliverables; ensure quality, fit-for-purpose solutions. You'll transition solutions to production (live) environments. Duties also include 2/3rd Line Application Support and providing system application support, provide and deliver tactical fixes, make recommendations on permanent resolution of problems.
- Analyse information system requirements, create designs, and provide necessary documentation by utilising specified tools and methodologies.
- Working with Solution Architects, Business Analysts and Project Stakeholders to understand business requirements, solution designs and convey this to the development team/external suppliers.
- Hands-on solution development, this is a hands-on role, so the candidate must be able to develop directly
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to development team.
- Provide direction to the development team in solving any complex business or technical requirement.
- Provide troubleshooting and problem solving support to the development team to resolve complex or high priority issues.
- Work in conjunction with Solution Architects and Business Analysts to provide recommendations on Group system enhancements/innovations.
- Work in conjunction with 1st/2nd line support teams as necessary to resolve complex system support issues.
- Applicants will be motivated to work on their own initiative analysing problems and quickly understanding functional specifications from which to build a solution. You will also be involved in the design and implementation of a standard software development framework.
Essential Skills and Experience
- College/University degree or equivalent, or appropriate career experience
- At least 3 years + experience of developing applications within the Microsoft stack, preferably within a high transaction and customer facing environment.
- Experience of designing and developing robust applications deployed in a corporate environment.
- A thorough knowledge of NET/C#, ASP.NET (+MVC), Web Services (WCF/WebAPI), SQL Server and any 4GL.
- Experience of application development using the .NET Compact Framework and/or Xamarin.
- Clean driving license
- Previous experience of developing software frameworks
- Worked with rugged hand held mobile computers.
- Experience with Web Methods BPM and business process modelling and development in general
- Knowledge of logistics systems, in particular tracking and fleet route management systems, ideally gained in a parcels background.
- Passionate about software development and best programming practices
- High attention to detail and task oriented with the ability to work to strict deadlines
- Resilient to pressure and able to work within a multi-paced, environment
- Flexible and able to multi-task in order to deliver competing priorities and take direction from several sources
- Self-starter, comfortable progressing a schedule of work
- Good logical and interpersonal skills