Tusayan General Store Supervisor
Posted on May 23, 2019 by Delaware North
Employer is all about the experience of living in one of the natural wonders of the world! We are excited you are considering employment with us. Employer operates the only General Store in the town of Tusayan, just one mile from the Grand Canyon South Rim entrance. The General Store provides both retail and grocery items for locals and over 6 million visitors to the Grand Canyon each year. If you can commit to the highest level of service and to exceeding our guests' expectations, please apply to help us "create special experiences one guest at a time .The Opportunity
Do you like working hard in a fast-paced environment? Tusayan General Store, the only grocery and retail operation in the town of Tusayan, is looking for an energetic, guest focused, positive Retail Supervisor for a full-time, year round position. The best candidate will have at least one year experience in a supervisory role with strong, positive communication skills. Cash handling experience is required.
- Supervises associates; completes store operational needs by assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Trains and coaches to GuestPath Universal Service and Operational standards, company policies and procedures
- Opens and closes retail locations as directed by management
- Assists management with the daily cash procedures and operations
- Monitors store floor, assist with guests needs and requests
- Regularly evaluates, creates, and maintains professional visual displays; provides direction to retail associates regarding store merchandising and displays.
- Ensures integrity of physical inventory and par levels
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the retail shops
- Performs duties as assigned
- Performs retail cashier duties when needed
- Assists management in recruiting, interviewing and selecting retail associates
- Assists management with scheduling of staff
Education & Experience:
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in a customer service and/or retail environment preferred
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Previous experience working with point of sale ( POS ) system required
- High school Diploma or GED required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate with staff and prepare written reports
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Employer, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Employer is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Employer has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Employer Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Employer is an equal opportunity employer.