Mobile Apps Test Analyst
Posted on May 23, 2019 by Prolifics
Mobile test analyst needed for agile test role with Central London media company. You will be highly technical, have a minimum of 3-4 years testing experience with experience working in agile teams in a Scrum environment. You will be a certified tester, at a minimum of Foundation level (ISTQB) and used to working closely with developers, business analysts and product owners as part of an agile team, delivering leading edge web based technical solutions for our clients. You will have good knowledge of testing mobile apps - both native/hybrid for iOS and Android platforms. As a part of this experience you will be familiar with XCode and Android Studio. Some knowledge of network traffic would be useful, as would experience using a web Proxy for testing - ideally Charles and Jira for test management, defect tracking.
Ideally you will have some experience of test automation - Selenium and Appium, but this is not a mandatory requirement.
Must be a pro-active and outspoken team member with excellent communication skills, capable of producing clear and concise summary reports, status updates, as well as the usual testing related documentation. You must have experience of estimating timescales for testing user stories and presenting them confidently to a group, plus documenting them in test plans.
- 3-4 years testing experience
- Mobile app testing experience
- Knowledge of XCode and Android Studio
- Charles Web Proxy
- Agile environment experience - SCRUM, continuous integration
- Good understanding of web technologies, HTTP, HTML, Content Management, Cookies, DNS etc.
- Test automation experience in Appium and/or Selenium
- Continuous Integration/Deployment experience - Jenkins
- Very Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- Needs to be highly technical, capable of integrating with a development team and assisting with unit as well as system level tests
- It is essential that the candidate is committed, energetic and enthusiastic about testing
- Needs to be practical and proactive
- Should be able to grasp concepts quickly and appreciate implications of decisions
- Able to work well autonomously, with a focus on delivery
- Eagerness to learn and an aptitude for picking things up quickly