Posted on May 23, 2019 by Connections Health Solutions
# of Openings: 1
Shift: Regular - M - F - 8a - 5p
Connections Health Solutions is a physician-owned, multifaceted behavioral health company whose mission is to address any behavioral health need at any time. We are hiring a Medical Director who will perform administrative functions and serve as a key leader for the facility. The Medical Director will direct care through identification and implementation of treatment approaches and guidelines for the facility. The Medical Director leads, coordinates, and provides medical/clinical services to specified consumers within the facility.
- Performs medical review of all clinical practices, including safety protocols.
- Functions as site representative/clinical leader regarding clinical care and practices for regulatory agencies, facility and external stakeholders.
- Facilitates direct clinical care for at least 30% of the work week. Acts as a point of clinical contact and supervisory role in-person or by telecommunication at all hours of the day/week (PTO excluded). Serves as an Administrator on Call for the Leadership Team.
- Provides clinical guidance to clinical services staff for escalated clinical cases. Serves as a point of contact at all hours of the day/week. Performs duties of Medical Services Manager in their absence.
- Ensures professional conduct and manages conflict resolution of Clinical Services staff. Reviews, participates in, and engages in corrective actions as indicated.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, creating an on-boarding process, and termination of Clinical Services staff.
- Participates in the facility Leadership Team, which is responsible for the development and implementation of processes that support the strategic mission of the company.
- Serves as the attending psychiatrist to specified consumers. Completes initial psychiatric assessments, crisis interventions, family interventions, focused crisis diagnostic assessments, assessments of capacity for consent to treatment, risk assessments, patient education, progress toward treatment goals, and discharge planning including medical, psychological, social, behavioral and developmental aspects of the consumer's care, treatment, and services.
- Collaborates with other personnel to ensure that each treatment modality is appropriate for the consumer in addition to working with outside psychiatric providers in crisis and inpatient services.
- Works with the community to review involuntary petitions, assess involuntary patients, and coordinate with the legal system to follow established guidelines for Court Ordered Evaluation and Treatment.
- Serves on the Medical Executive Committee as well as other committees when clinical expertise is required.
- Doctorate of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Completion of approved psychiatric residency training programs in the delivery of mental health treatment of children, adolescents, and/or adults.
- At least 3 years of post-residency psychiatric care experience
- Licensed by the State of Arizona
- Board Certificated
- Unrestricted DEA license and X license
- Prior administrative experience
$32.4 - $32.4 Annual