Administrative Specialist IV
Posted on May 22, 2019 by Lawrence Livermore National Security
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. You will perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, often involving highly sensitive and classified counterintelligence information. This position is in the Counterintelligence Program within the Director's Office.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in representing counterintelligence program management on administrative functions when interfacing with all levels of management internally, as well as with outside partners.
- Coordinate counterintelligence program processing of Foreign Visits & Assignments and Foreign Travel and regularly compile associated reports.
- Prepare and/or compose administrative material of a sensitive nature for signature.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for both classified and unclassified correspondence, complex reports, presentations, and database records.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling of multiple attendees.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Arrange local and domestic travel and act as training coordinator for program staff.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the program with all levels of management, internal and external to LLNL.
- Advanced administrative experience with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience working independently in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Experience arranging local and domestic travel.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, database and encryption software with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.