Environmental Functional Area Administrator
Posted on May 22, 2019 by Lawrence Livermore National Security
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Environmental Functional Area (EFA) administrator to direct personnel administration activities. You will lead a team of administrative staff in support of a variety of operations and activities, strategically supporting the workforce goals and managing all hiring activities. This position is in the Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate.
- Represent EFA management as the administrative point of contact to all levels of personnel in support of EFA projects and initiatives.
- Direct and oversee administrative staff to include hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, career development, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, coordinating work assignments, and participating in ranking and salary activities.
- Serve as the primary resource to EFA organization staff for the interpretation and application of directorate and Laboratory administrative and personnel policies and procedures, and monitor adherence to policies and procedures.
- Lead, execute and administer a variety of personnel and hiring related activities for the EFA organization.
- Independently assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up, and ensure resolution on a wide variety of project management and administrative issues.
- Establish and implement an effective document and records management system to support a high volume of information. Coordinate complex reports, presentations and correspondence from multiple sources often of a very sensitive nature and requiring short turn-around.
- Lead projects, solve complex problems, interpret policy, formulate recommendations and establish procedures.
- Coordinate changes to the Standard Based Management System and Institutional procedures for the Functional Area Manager.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in a business or operational area or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience simultaneously coordinating and performing multiple, complex work activities and projects having a high consequence of error and conflicting priorities in a fast-paced, quick turn-around environment.
- Leadership and/or team building skills, experience leading and supervising employees. Ability to take initiative and build productive relationships.
- Experience developing complex reports for use in management decision making. Extensive knowledge of document handling policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and experience researching, interpreting and applying administrative policies, procedures, and practices.
- Understanding of principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures, and state and federal laws; knowledge and understanding of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration, FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.
- Experience identifying issues, developing solutions, and implementing effective approaches to improve administrative processes and procedures.
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel with tact, discretion, diplomacy and mature judgment.
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as LAPIS, LHIRE, LEAP, LITE, VTS, FTS and LTRAIN.
- Experience working with UCM or SBMS.
- Experience working in a regulatory environment.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.