Full - Time Merchandise Lead - Prudential, MA
Posted on May 22, 2019 by Under Armour, Inc.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU Protect This House?!
The Merchandising Lead is responsible for positively impacting the customer's experience by supporting the Merchandising DOR in implementing Floor Sets and Company directed Marketing and Merchandising directives. The Merchandising Lead assists store leadership in all aspects of the Floor Sets, Merchandising Revisions, daily re-merchandising opportunities, and daily replenishment, as well as, maintaining merchandising standards to include Clearance presentation and all marketing, promotion and markdown execution. The Merchandising Lead is expected to model Under Armour's Core Competencies and I WILL behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to maintain a positive Teammate and Athlete experience.
- Communicate clear priorities and productivity goals for Floor Set team and hold self and team accountable for achieving them.
- Recognize and communicate merchandising opportunities to store management in a timely manner; partner with Store Manager and/or Merchandising DOR to develop and execute action plans for resolution.
- Hold self and the merchandise team accountable for maintaining a customer focused environment when operating during business hours.
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skill set and enhance individual performance.
- Builds Athlete loyalty through in-store experience, through the use of Athlete data capture (where applicable), endless aisle and the understanding of Connected Fitness applications.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Loss Prevention policies and advise management of any unusual internal or external activity.
- Communicate all employee accidents/injuries to store leadership immediately.
- Teach, train and coach store teammates on Merchandising standards
- Provide store leadership with productivity updates; proactively identify and communicate Associate performance issues regarding merchandising tasks.
- Drive teammate engagement by recognizing and rewarding teammates for their outstanding performance in delivering to Under Armour's brand standards.
- Oversee and execute Floor Sets and company directed marketing and merchandising directives.
- Lead efficient and effective day to day store merchandising by ensuring that the store team understands and maintains Under Armour brand standards and sell through adjustments are held true to the Floor Set overview.
- Partner with Merchandising DOR to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed - Fill the Floor, power closes, power opens and merchandise adjustments.
- Perform level-sets and make sure the store is replenished by pushing all goods to the floor.
- Maintain Under Armour brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for teammates and athletes.
- Lead all visual directives ensuring mapping and floorset are properly planned, scheduled and executed seamlessly within allotted timeframe.
- Supervise the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, Floor Sets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom standards.
- Maintain authority to secure the store at closing.
- Will not be responsible for the processing of nightly deposits and media.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Minimum 1 year retail experience preferred; team leader experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Computer and technology proficient.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with athletes and store team.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store; including the selling floor, stock and register area.
- Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, problem‐solving & planning skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast‐paced and deadline‐oriented environment.
- Strong retail merchandising and visual skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, provide feedback and manage substandard performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast‐paced and deadline‐oriented environment.
- Ability to perform Essential Job Functions
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.