Sales Associate I
Posted on May 21, 2019 by Pacific Life
Interested in learning the financial services industry from the ground up, with the goal of becoming a successful sales person at a solid Fortune 500 company.
An interest in finance and an interest in sales, but want to sharpen your skills and take your talents to the next level.
Is this you?
Driven by competition, you meet challenges with uncommon drive and ambition. You pride yourself in the ability to build relationships, which means you are a savvy people-person with a charismatic personality. In addition to having superior communication and organizational skills, you are highly energetic, self-motivating, and always willing to learn something new.
Perks of the Job:
Pacific Life invests in its talent, which means you will be supported throughout your career and given the tools you need to learn, grow and advance. A successful Sales Associate has the opportunity to become an Internal Wholesaler, and ultimately develop the skills to graduate into Field Wholesaling or pursue a management track. In addition to significant growth opportunities, Pacific Life offers:
- A competitive, team-oriented and supportive culture
- Paid training and get licensed with the Series 6 and 63
- The opportunity to learn about the financial and insurance industry
- Mentor programs and licensing, product and sales training
- The opportunity to learn about all of Pacific Life's annuity and mutual fund products
Factors for Success:
Candidates for this position are required to possess/achieve the following:
- Must obtain FINRA Series 6/7 and 63 License in first six months of position
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships over the phone
- Ability to prospect for leads and follow up on them
- Interest in annuity and mutual funds strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- College degree strongly preferred
In this position you will provide support to RSD sales, including the Internal Wholesaling Management Team, Inbound Sales Wholesalers, Producer Alliance Wholesalers and Regional Internal and External Wholesalers. On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Assist advisors by providing support to the Wholesaling Teams
- Make outbound prospecting/cross-selling, campaign and appointment calls to advisors at the direction of specific FW/IW teams
- Provide overall support to the department interns
- Shadow Internal Wholesalers to get an understanding of how to become successful in selling our products to our client base
The Retirement Solutions Division leverages its strengths in product development, technology, service, and risk management to create retirement solutions for individuals, families, and businesses. With the guidance of financial professionals, customers have access to an array of annuities and mutual funds designed to help grow assets and to provide retirement income for financial independence.
Celebrating 150 years of service in 2018, Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you're empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit . To explore the heritage of Pacific Life and learn more about our history, visit the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.