Milieu Technician - Telecom Switchboard
Posted on May 21, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Milieu Technician - Telecom Switchboard 001 - PRN,Rotating - Employer BrightonCenterForRecover-34003 - Brighton,MI
This is a collective bargaining agreement union position.
Why Join Employer?Employer Michigan is a member of Employer Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Employer Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to under the direct supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, assess individual and milieu interactions to define appropriate interventions, plans therapeutic interactions and recreational activities.
- Monitor individual and milieu status and interactions of patients.
- Confront and process inappropriate behavior.
- Complete documentation in a timely manner consistent with all policies and procedures.
- In the Halfway House environment, monitors residents in the self-administration of prescribed medications and ensures medications are kept properly secured.
- Conduct safety rounds to ensure a safe environment and program attendance for all rehab and/or PHP patients.
- Assist in maintaining an environment conducive to recovery.
- Encourage patients to consider, participate in and assimilate 12 Step programs and philosophies.
- Facilitate patient processing of immediate, in-the-moment thoughts and feelings.
- Convene and facilitate small group interactions and recreational activities.
- Maintain supplies and equipment necessary to conduct group activities.
- Communicate with respect and understanding of cultural, gender and lifestyle differences.
- Communicate daily with clinical staff regarding relevant issues.
- Participate in team meetings as required.
- Maintain professional boundaries in relation to staff/patient interactions.
- Evaluate and document effectiveness of intervention strategies.
- Train and orientate new employees as required.
- Attend required in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Assist in transportation of patients as required.
- Assist Housekeeping and Maintenance in maintaining the therapeutic environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Comply with regulatory agencies.
- Act courteously toward patients, visitors, co-workers and others and respond in a timely manner to their needs.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and attitudes, follow safety rules, work to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participate in organizational and departmental safety programs.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- In-depth, personal knowledge of the disease concept and 12 Step recovery programs.
- Commitment to abstinence in recovery.
- Ability to appropriately interact with and motivate individuals early in the recovery process.
- Physical ability, with or without accommodation, to finger, grasp, kneel, lift up to 20 pounds, pull, push, reach and conduct repetitive movement.
- Sensory and communicative skills, with or without accommodation, to feel, hear, see and speak.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with associates, patients and families.
- Ability to concentrate and to pay close attention to detail while performing tasks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands.
- Knowledgeable of computer systems.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required within 120 days of hire/transfer date.
- Must be certified or obtain CPI certification within 120 days of employment and maintain current certification thereafter required.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum of two years of personal recovery experience preferred.
Equal Employment OpportunityEmployer Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
Employer Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: (see below). Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Employer Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Employer Michigan.
Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Employer Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)