Posted on May 21, 2019 by Ecolab
Nalco Champion, an Employer Company, is seeking an Account Manager in our Energy Services group who will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth of Nalco Champion programs and services in targeted accounts within the Oil and Gas industries.
In this role you will take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and retention of strategic Nalco Champion accounts. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with a large customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies. If you are a passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in technical sales we invite you to apply.
What's in it For You:
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Develop your career as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory.
- Leverage extensive product, service, and market knowledge in customer dialogue. Monitor local and regional competition, market shares, and pricing within assigned area.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives.
- Execute sales plans in assigned customer base and new customer accounts to meet defined territory profit increase goals. Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer complaints, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco Champion innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco Champion.
- Anticipate customer needs based on knowledge of customer processes and operations; identify unmet customer needs.
- Assist with collection of samples and conduct laboratory analysis.
- Monitor, track, and maintain adequate field chemical inventories and equipment as necessary.
- Provide analytics and delivery of all reports required by customer contracts and internal reporting responsibilities, such as service reports.
- Show initiative by bringing new ideas and technologies to the district.
- Collaborate in cross-functional projects within Nalco Champion, promoting the transfer of knowledge as well as the delivery of innovative processes and programs.
- Must have the ability to Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 55 pounds chest high
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to travel within a geographic territory
- Ability to travel overnight for business
- Must have a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 3 - 7 years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience
- Experience in oil and gas industry preferred
- Previous Refinery/Petrochemical experience
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
- Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on multilevel plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multitask