K-8 Mandarin Teacher
Posted on May 20, 2019 by Academies of Math and Science
As we open new schools and grow by roughly 30% each year, we seek intelligent, data-driven teachers eager to uphold the same academic excellence that made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year. Our results and success support our belief that all students can succeed - no matter their background - with the right programs in place, and more importantly, the right people leading the way. That's where you come in.
- Are you fiercely dedicated to helping at-risk students forge their way to a college education?
- Do you believe that there are no limits to how much you can improve in the art and science of teaching?
- Do you believe that setting high expectations for students (academically and behaviorally) sets them up for success?
- Do you believe in the importance of a balanced STEM-focused education supplemented with arts, humanities, and character development?
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Prior experience working with children
- Strong analytical abilities and a love for data-driven instruction
- Dedication to going above & beyond for your students
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative
- High standards for both yourself and your students
- Charter school teachers are NOT required to be certified, but are required to be highly qualified in their grade level or subject
- Must be fluent in Mandarin.
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
Apply in 5 minutes through the link below. Please include the following in PDF or Word format:
1. A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments.
2. A cover letter showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies.