Inside Sales Associate
Posted on May 20, 2019 by Grainger
KICK OFF YOUR CAREER IN SALES WITH GRAINGER!
The Inside Sales role is a proactive, phone-based position where you will manage an account package of medium-sized customers, and teach them how to use Grainger's purchasing technology. The goal is to equip your customers to buy without you, because the more self-sufficient they are, the more earning potential you have - sales that occur without your direct involvement still go towards your commission.
As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to serve as a trusted business partner to your customers. We offer a 4-week paid training program designed to set you up for success. During training, you will learn about Grainger, our customers, learn key selling skills, and get trained on the tools and resources that you'll use.
We encourage collaboration across teams, sharing of best practices, and have contests to encourage a friendly competition. In a team environment, there are team huddles, coaching sessions, and side-by-sides to ensure your success.
What you will do as an Inside Sales Associate:
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Articulate a vision to help place Grainger distinctly in the minds of prospects
- Work with customers on over-coming objections, and inspiring them to act
- Work with teammates cross-collaboratively to understand messages that resonate with customers
- Participate in team-building and training, where you will learn from colleagues and continue to develop your ability to add value to your customer relationships
What we are looking for in an Inside Sales Associate:
- Undergraduate degree (preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- 6 months - 3 years of sales or telemarketing experience
- A passing certificate demonstrating core skills attainment after the Grainger training
- Track record of over-achieving goals
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls (40-60 on average) per day
- Experience working with a CRM database
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to rapidly build knowledge of Grainger's product lines
- A high level of integrity, and resilient temperament
What you are looking for in your career:
- A fun, high-energy work environment
- Competitive base salary and generous commission structure
- Outstanding benefits, including18 paid vacation days
- Medical benefits that start on day one
- Working with an existing book of business - prospecting within accounts to grow sales
- Professional growth opportunities with a Fortune 500 Company
- Passion for creating a remarkable customer experience, while identifying opportunities to grow sales
There are approximately 3 million businesses that rely on Grainger for products like safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies so they can successfully operate, maintain and repair their facilities.
We have a long and proud history as an industry leader. As a distributor, we don't make anything; our customers can buy what we offer from anywhere else. It's our talented people and positive company culture that differentiate us in the marketplace.
Our 22,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Grainger is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.