RN, PHYSICIAN PRACTICE - Quality Admin Educator - Abrazo Medical Group
Posted on May 19, 2019 by Tenet
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner
- Assesses education/training needs of clinical support staff for the purpose of developing and implementing sound educational training programs.
- Identifies staff training issues and developes educational interventions
- Coordinates outside resources to meet the educational/training needs of specialized clinical departments and other areas outside the scope of the Clinical Educator's experience and knowledge base.
- Summarizes and analyzes findings and presents information and recommendations to the operations team.
- Implements educational/training programs for the purpose of improving individual and organizational performance.
- Conducts annual and new hire clinical competency reviews for all clinical support staff.
- Developes and implements training and educational programs that meet or exceed organizational and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as a role model by providing guidance, mentoring, and direction for ongoing clinical staff development
- Develops and maintains records for all clinical support staff.
- Evaluates educational/training programs for the purpose of improving individual and organizational performance.
- Designs and utilizes appropriate evaluation mechanisms to measure learning outcomes and performance competency.
- Self-evaluates program efficacy and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Presents program evaluations and self-evaluation to operations team at designated intervals for the purpose of improving effectiveness and individual performance.
- Actively participates in organizational performance improvement activities.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing or a combination of Associates degree in Nursing coupled with 3 years clinical experience.
- Current State of Arizona RN license or the ability to establish licensure according to Arizona law prior to start date.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification required
- Instructor BLS certification required within 60 days of hire
Experience: Must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience. Prior experience in healthcare education/training in a clinical setting preferred.
Other Requirements: None
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and process.
- Knowledge of clinical equipment, supplies, and instruments.
- Understanding of documentation required for physician office visits.
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to obtain vital signs and record them correctly.
- Ability to administer IV and Injections appropriately.
- Ability to mix medications.
- Ability to use medical equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Ability to understand and carry out written, oral and/or graphic instructions.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interprets, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Medical office equipment/devices as well as standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
Primary Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Facility: Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.