Assistant Salon Manager - Summersville, SC
Posted on May 19, 2019 by Ulta Beauty
The Assistant Salon Manager is responsible for assisting the Salon Manager with meeting or exceeding salon and pro-hair sales budget through staff recruiting and productivity development; salon service promotions; and salon service demonstrations. Responsible for assisting in creatin g an environment that maintains and exceeds standards of excellence in Guest Service, client retention skills, staff technical proficiency, and professional hair care recommendations.
Use your skills, experience & talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL! As an Assistant Salon Manager you will perform the following essential functions
- Assists with meeting or exceeding salon service revenue and pro hair retail revenue goals.
- Assists with ensuring all internal/external product training classes are attended.
- Responsible for assisting the Salon Manager with meeting or exceeding all ca tegory and salon personnel productivity standards.
- Coaches salon team to increase productivity through weekly goal setting, monthly mini-review meetings and annual performance appraisals.
- Ensures that entire salon team conducts each segment of a Client visit courteously, efficiently, and in accordance with the established client retention procedures.
- Assists with the development of weekly and monthly salon promotions and events to build the salon business.
- Assists the Salon Manager with the analysis of salon sales, expenses and trends utilizing Pro Salon System reports, on a monthly basis.
- Maintains an adequate stock of salon inventory and ensures inventory control of supplies by placing a monthly salon order utilizing the Salon Order form, checkin g in the order and submitting a discrepancy form when required.
- Responsible for assisting the Salon Manager with salon administrative duties.
- Responsible for assisting the Salon Manager with the management of all salon personnel including (but not limi ted to) recruitment, training, product knowledge and skills development, loss prevention knowledge, performance management, safety, recognition, and legal compliance.
Experience we are looking for
- Undergraduate degree, 4 years. relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 3 years. salon management experience (management license, as required by state law).
- Demonstrates strong competency in salon sales, products and service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of State board of Cosmetologists' regulations and hiring requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to foster a productive team environment.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to walk.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to reach with hands and arms.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to stand for a minimum of 4 hours.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs.
- On an occasional basis, requires the ability to climb a ladder and balance.
- On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.