Posted on May 19, 2019 by Des Moines Public Schools
1. Perform routine automotive service maintenance as assigned.
2. Perform fluid level checks on vehicles and equipment.
3. Perform lubrication service on bus fleet and other equipment as assigned.
4. Perform preventative maintenance check of tie rods, springs, exhaust system, etc. and reports results to mechanics.
5. Maintain current record on all vehicles in relation to mileage and last date of service.
6. Assists mechanics in minor mechanical repairs and pick-up, delivery, or repositioning of vehicles.
7. Change tires on buses and other vehicles as appropriate.
8. Assist in ensuring interior and exterior cleanliness and appearance of maintenance facility.
9. Assist in providing the necessary safeguards to prevent loss of or damage to property, or failure of mechanical equipment.
10. Secure buses, building, parking lot, and fuel pumps at the end of the second shift.
11. Assist dispatch/routing by driving bus routes or trips as needed.
12. Utilize computer to read District and Department communications and take online training.
13. Attend work on a prompt and regular basis.
14. Maintain confidentiality.
15. Maintain satisfactory and harmonious relationships with the public, student and other employees.
16. Adhere to District policies and Department work rules.
17. Perform all other duties as assigned. HIRING SPECIFICATIONS:
1. High School Diploma, HiSET or GED
2. Commercial driver's license (CDL)
3. State of Iowa School Bus Operators permit
4. Practical working knowledge of routine automotive servicing
5. Working knowledge and skill in use of computer
6. Effective communication skills
7. Ability to promote spirit of cooperation with others
8. Competency working in a culturally diverse environment or the willingness to acquire these skills Desired: 1. Two years of recent, relevant experience in an automotive service garage Salary/Benefits: $19.90/hr., Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, IPERS. Category: Automotive , Keywords: Automotive Technician