Occupational Therapist (PRN)
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Skiff Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > NEWTON > SKIFF MEDICAL CENTER
POSITION SUMMARY: Is responsible for providing Occupational Therapy evaluation & treatment determined by medical direction, therapist judgment, patient needs and desires, and available facilities.
Organizes and conducts Occupational Therapy programs to facilitate the rehabilitation of our clients, including the physically and/or mentally handicapped of all ages.
Directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance; facilitate learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote and maintain health.
Directs the activities program in compliance with all state and federal rules and regulations and establishes policies and procedures.
- Obtains information from physician(s) needed for diagnosis, prescribed therapy, and patient evaluation.
- Selects and performs, timely, accurate and complete Occupational Therapy evaluations and develops a treatment plan with objective goals based on the evaluation results. Initiates reassessment and revision of treatment plan as appropriate.
- Implements quality Occupational Therapy treatment based on the established treatment plan.
- Completes timely, accurate and complete documentation as required for patient and departmental records.
- Positively instructs, orients, and informs others of Occupational Therapy and current programs available at Skiff Medical Center.
- Maintains open and adequate communication with patients, hospital staff, and other caregivers.
- Represents the Therapy Department and Skiff Medical Center in a professional manner.
- Completes all measure to assure patient and staff safety.
- Cordially deal with the public; cordially receives patients and guests, ascertain their needs, and appropriately direct patients, guests, and callers; assists patients, patients families, referring physicians, and third party carriers with regard to patient-related issues in a high volume environment in a high volume environment.
- Schedules patients for medial evaluations, consultations, and treatments at appropriate times.
- Maintains familiarity with various types of medical insurance to explain these plans. Obtains pre-certification as required by patients health care insurers or managed care providers; assists patients or family members with completion of medical insurance forms.
- Operates computer to access e-mail, electronic schedules, document care, enter appropriate charges for services, and other basic office support.
- Uses computer systems and software to access, enter, and edit patient information.
- Knows the formal department goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the medical center.
- Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the department. Assures that oral communication (both in person and by phone) is relayed to appropriate staff person.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Handles administrative, patient, and personnel information strict confidentiality; protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality; demonstrate a high level of trust.
LICENSURE: Maintain license topractice occupational therapy in the state ofIowa. Maintain current CPR certification.
EXPERIENCE: None required ifEducation and licensure are met.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Skiff Medical Center