Seasonal Receptionist - FLL Airport
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Delaware North
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Receptionist Job Description
Performs all clerical duties and administrative support for the unit/department, in accordance with the Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
- Answers incoming calls, greets callers, provides information, transfers calls and/or takes messages as necessary
- Greets applicants, guests and visitors
- Analyzes data to determine answers to questions from current employees, applicants, and members of the public
- Communicates with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
- Composes, transcribes and types correspondence, memos, reports and other miscellaneous paperwork
- Reviews applications for completeness and accuracy
- Screens applicant s and schedules interviews
- Enters and maintains applicant tracking spreadsheet
- Performs a variety of general personnel/clerical tasks supporting the Human Resources department
- Prepares and handles all incoming and outgoing mail for the department
- Assists with inbound and outbound packages from FedEx, UPS, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists with HR/payroll duties as assigned
- Utilizes desktop publications, graphics and computer software to create and print a variety of materials
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in high volume administrative or office position, including experience with office administrative procedures, use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Previous experience with variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Human Resources and Recruiting administrative support experience is preferred
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written communication.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages
- Regularly required to sit in front of a computer
- Manual dexterity sufficient for typing duties
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish required reports and computer system
- Occasional bending, reaching, and climbing on step stool
- Occasional lifting and carrying, up to 40 lbs
- Occasional pulling/pushing, up to 40 lbs
Frequent exposure to, and utilization of, computer