Posted on May 18, 2019 by The Lincoln Electric Company
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Purpose: As a Cost Accountant you will directly and actively support the accurate development, maintenance, and fiscal reporting of manufacturing costs & variances. Maintain & Update standard costs and Perform Physical inventories throughout the year.
Job Description (Duties And Responsibilities):
- Prepare special price requests for international customers and subsidiaries.
- Provide master data including costs for new products.
- Administer/manage transfer pricing with Lincoln Electric subsidiaries.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting for the North American Operations including inventory by material type, location and turnover.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Administer monthly current cost updates.
- Report, analyze, and resolve low margins.
- Participate in physical inventories including data entry, auditing and counting.
- Work with operations on decreasing manufacturing variances.
- Running the physical inventory operating system.
- Manage offsite physical inventories.
- Bachelor degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CMA certificates and advanced degree are a plus
- Minimum 1-3 years of Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred; General accounting experience with additional background in cost will be considered
- Excellent PC skills required (e.g., Excel, Windows-environment, etc.)
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Must be highly motivated and possess excellent communication skills
- Must possess a high degree of flexibility and demonstrate the ability to perform numerous tasks and assignments concurrently
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)