Electric Practice Associate
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Van Ness Feldman LLP
Van Ness Feldman has an immediate need in the Electric practice group for a mid-level (4 th -5 th year) associate with demonstrated substantive experience in the regulation of the electric power industry. The firm's electric practice provides counsel to all types of participants in the electric industry including investor owned utilities, municipal utilities, and independent power producers. The ideal candidate enjoys regulatory work and is looking for a professional growth opportunity. Candidates must be capable of working independently, as well as collaborating effectively with other professionals. This position will be based in the Seattle, Washington office.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Solid, well-rounded foundational knowledge of the regulation of the electric power industry.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's Open Access Transmission Tariff.
- Experience with the preparation of filings to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission under Sections 203, 205 and 206 of the Federal Power Act.
- Understanding of electric rate making, electric power markets and Standards of Conduct.
- Strong analytical research and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.