Inventory Associate / Detailer
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Kocourek Nissan | Kia
Kocourek automotive detail technician's are responsible for washing exterior and cleaning interior of the vehicle to make the guest satisfaction exceed expectations.
* Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior windows and wipes down door jams.
* Applies wax to auto body, and wipes or buffs surface.
* Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris.
* Cleans upholstery, rugs and other surfaces, using appropriate cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
* Applies revitalizers and preservation agents to interior vinyl or leather surfaces and treats fabrics with spot and stain resistant chemicals
* Cleans engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents.
* Applies special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following product manufacturer's recommendations.
* Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery, and poor mechanical operation.
* Restores appearance of engine area, rugs and upholstery, and painted surfaces. Uses touch-up paint, dyes, and other appropriate materials.
* Uses proper protective equipment on eyes, hands and/or body when using products that require protection.
* Fills vehicle with fuel.
* Applies dressing on tires and tire wells.
* Replaces missing or defective small parts.
* Maintains showroom and stock vehicles in clean and presentable condition at all times.
* Ensures proper stickers are displayed in the vehicle's window.
* Removes all window stickers on sold vehicles.
* Keeps work area neat and clean.
* Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
* Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
QUALIFICATIONS Basic automotive knowledge required. Past experience detailing with knowledge of what the process entails preferred. Experience using a buffer and carpet extractor preferred. Valid driver's license required in order to perform essential job functions.
HOURS Full time, Monday-Friday. They may be asked or scheduled to work Saturdays.
ATTIRE Kocourek uniforms
PHYSICAL DEMANDS * Periodic lifting and carrying objects over 50 pounds.* Reaching above and below shoulder level.* Able to push materials/parts carts and push cars (with assistance).* Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to detail vehicles.* Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.* May be exposed to repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion.
* May be required to inspect vehicles outdoors in inclement weather.* May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Service Department/Detail Shop