Posted on May 18, 2019 by BMW of Brooklyn
Founded in 1969, BMW of Brooklyn pre-dates BMW of North America and is one of the oldest family-owned BMW Centers still in operation. Serving as Brooklyn's only Authorized BMW Center, BMW of Brooklyn takes pride in upholding the highest standards of customer service. Top-notch work is expected from every team member and hard work is rewarded duly. BMW is a brand for enthusiasts and there is no better home for Brooklyn's Bimmers than BMW of Brooklyn.
What We Do:
BMW of Brooklyn provides excellent customer experiences for anyone buying a new or pre-owned vehicle or servicing the vehicle they already have. Providing exceptional service to our clients is our first priority and we work together as a team to ensure that everyone shares in the team's successes.
What We Offer:
* Competitive Compensation
* Life Insurance
* Employee gym at the service center
What You Will Do:
* Continuously develop product and sales business acumen to become fluent on all things BMW. Know the ins and the outs of product offerings, optional packages, and the latest technologies
* Receive and carry out Repair Orders as dispatched
* Perform diagnostic services and troubleshoot to determine repair needs
* Provide labor, time, and parts estimates for repair services
* Perform high-quality and efficient repair services for various automotive systems, including engine, steering, suspension, brakes, and air conditioning in accordance with Center and Factory standards.
* Perform Quality Control checks for repaired vehicles to ensure repairs are complete
* Complete all required paperwork and documentation for repair services
* Maintain an organized and clean workspace; account for dealership and personal tools at all times
* Communicate directly and efficiently with Service Advisors and Parts Department team members
* Participate in continual BMW proprietary training/education programs to hone skills and develop expertise in industry-leading BMW automotive technologies and processes
* Bring your 'A game' along with a positive attitude to work with you every single day
Who You Are:
* Available to work Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM and some Saturdays
* Clean driving record and valid driver's license
* Great mechanical, electrical skills, and computing skills.
* 18 years of age or older.
* Experience in an independent shop a plus
* Previous European automotive technician experience preferred
* ASE certifications preferred but not required
* BMW Certification Levels 1, 2, 3 or 4 a plus, but not required
* BMW/MINI factory training and experience a plus, but not required
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
* All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
* Comfortable with technology and learning new software
* Self-starter with an ambitious and outgoing spirit
* Enthusiastic about learning the BMW product line
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients and team members
* Strong attention to details while multi-tasking in your daily work
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
* Reliable while working efficiently with daily tasks
* Know how to think quickly react to ambiguity
* Ability to perform as part of a larger team and work autonomously to schedule and prioritize your work
* Take initiative to regularly assess your own performance and adapt your work to achieve better results
* You are inquisitive with an eagerness to learn, improve and grow
* You believe in what you do, feel a vested interest in the company's success
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Generally, work is performed Monday through Saturday with Sundays and one other day off during the week. Some Saturdays will be required.
We believe in equal employment opportunities:
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the company's employees to perform their job duties may result in disciplinary actions up to and including discharge.