Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Valley Supply & Equipment Co.-Baltimore
Providing excellent product support and customer service continue to be major factors in our success. We continually invest in training for everyone from our sales force to our parts and service staff, sending them all over the country to attend training events hosted by JCB, JLG, LeeBoy, Rosco, Dynapac, Falcon, Honda, Wacker Neuson, Felling Trailers, Jonhston Sweepers and other manufacturers. We also keep our team engaged and up to speed with telematics technology.
Our business ethics and conduct reflects the highest sense of urgency, while enhancing the personal, professional and economic well-being of our employees, customers, vendors and the community.
Benefits* Signing Bonus Eligibility
* Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Workers Comp
* Vacation Leave
* Paid Holidays
* Continued Technical Training through Manufacturers (typically annual/bi-annual) and well as new product familiarization
* Shops are updated with all required specific tooling
* Service trucks being updated (most with cranes)
* Business Owners own 2 of the three facilities which are meticulously maintained
* Overtime is not guaranteed but is typically available
* Company represents top brands (JCB, JLG, Leeboy, Rosco, Dynapac…and more)
* Discretionary bonus's and or 401k contributions
Responsibilities* Provide technical service repairs to construction equipment
* Read job order, observe and listen to equipment in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures
* Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
* Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment, and adjust as needed
* Test-drive equipment to ensure that they run smoothly
* Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk
* Attend training classes and keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers to increase overall customer satisfaction
* Properly complete the service and/or repairs for which trained as assigned by supervisor.
* Complete all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
* Participate in and utilize to the best of one's abilities technical training as assigned by management.
* Produce quality work that evidences pride of workmanship.
* Maintain your assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner.
* Ensure that customer equipment are returned to them as clean as they were prior to being serviced.
* Show the utmost courtesy to all customers, visitors and dealership personnel.
* Make every effort to achieve the production objectives set by management.
* Adhere to manufacturer's policy and procedures as they relate to labor operations, time and repair order documentation when performing warranty repairs and torque specifications.
* Any other duties as outlined by the Service Supervisor and or management of the company.
Qualifications* 1-year fleet or dealership experience
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer and service team
* Must be self-motivated and conduct oneself in a professional manner
* Must have experience with high pressure common rail fuel systems, exhaust after-treatment, electrical troubleshooting, and hydraulic experience.
* Must have own inventory of hand tools to facilitate the assigned repairs
* Heavy equipment and or agricultural experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.