Car Service Technician
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Newton Nissan
Willing to provide a sign on bonus and up to 4 months of guaranteed hours for top candidates!
What We Offer:
* Technician Uniforms
* 2300 ROs/month, providing an average of 40-80 hours turned
* Updated facility including 20 service bays and a locker room
* Large and constantly refreshed parts department with 700k parts
* Ongoing training and education through the manufacturer and management team
* Reimbursement for ASE certifications
* Clear career progression with an opportunity to be promoted from within
* Dealer Rater Nissan dealer of the year 2 years running
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability
* Family-oriented and genuinely friendly work environment
* Employee vehicle purchase and service discounts
Why Newton Motor Group?
Newton Motor Group is a family owned auto group that has been serving the fine people of Tennessee since 2008. We now have four dealerships comprised of five major auto manufacturers including Nissan, Ford, Chevy, Buick, and GMC. With our locations in Gallatin and Shelbyville, we can serve all of Central Tennessee including Nashville, Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, Lebanon, Lewisburg, Manchester, Tullahoma, Franklin, and all the surrounding areas. At Newton Motor Group, we are customer and employee oriented. We know that happy employees make for happy customers. Come to Newton Motor Group, and let us put a smile on your face. In our time here, we have done a lot to support this community including giving away a car every year to a local high school student. Come to a Newton Motor Group dealership near you today!
This person will be responsible for inspecting, diagnosing and repairing customer vehicles. Areas of expertise include but are not limited to engine, transmission, drivability, cooling system, brake system, electronics, steering and suspension, HVAC.
* Performs work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership standards
* Tests components and systems using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
* Diagnoses, maintains, and repairs vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning
* Communicates directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed. Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
* Executes repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
* Must have at least 2 years of experience as an auto Service Technician
* High School diploma
* ASE certification preferred
* Great attitude
* Strong teamwork skills
* Valid in-state driver's license and automobile insurance.
* Knowledge in all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Ensures that customer's cars are kept clean
* Maintain stall in an orderly and clean manner
* Ability to identify problems quickly
* Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
* Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment