Automotive Service Technician
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Sauers Buick GMC
At Sauers Buick GMC in La Porte, we want the customer's business for life, not just one transaction.
* Competitive Compensation
* Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
* Paid Vacation
* Excellent Culture
* Opportunity to Grow and Advance!
* Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership
* Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
* Diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
* Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed. Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
* Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
* Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
* Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
* Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
* Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
* Strong automotive background
* GM experience and certifications a plus
* Strong teamwork skills
* Diesel experience a plus
* Willing to submit to a drug screen & background check
* Must have clean & valid driver's license
* Lifting, Energy Level, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information
* ASE Certifications
* Must own Tools to perform the required repairs
* Experience in auto service OR recent completion of automotive tech/trade school