Field Service Technician
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc., a global Fortune 1000 company and one of Forbes 2017 America's Best Large Employers, is transforming the way we all do business.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to drive innovation and make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our award-winning products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards.
At Konica Minolta, you'll work for an amazing technology company with growth opportunities, great benefits and talented, passionate co-workers.
Konica Minolta currently has an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Technician!
Meridian is a leading provider of managed IT services and document solutions to a diverse client base throughout the DC metro area. Experts at integrating office technologies, the company's motto, Meridian Means Service, reflects its mission to help clients get the most out of technology by combining great customer service with cutting-edge hardware and software.
We are looking for a Field Service Technician who provides customer service by maintaining, servicing and repairing office equipment at customer locations within assigned territories/accounts. We're looking for someone who demonstrates exceptional customer service, organizational, and prioritization skills. You need to demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude, and be able to work independently without direct supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- Visit client sites within assigned territories/accounts for troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving maintenance/repair of multifunctional office equipment to include complex disassembly, cleaning and replacement of individual parts, reassembly, testing and adjustment
- Troubleshoot equipment to determine the cause of malfunctions and estimate parts and labor for repair; research the current cost of replacement equipment and recommend repair or replacement of the equipment
- Set up and prepare new copier/fax/scanner equipment for install
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by responding to service calls in a courteous and timely manner
- Manage inventory accurately for tools, parts and supplies in vehicle stock to include projecting usage to ensure appropriate equipment is on hand to meet customer demands
- Resolve at least 85% of service calls without assistance upon completion of training and territory assignment
- Maintain current technical knowledge and continuously expand knowledge of new technology and equipment
- Meet call quality and total calls per day expectations and "first call" time requirements as outlined by the Service Department
- Refurbish used equipment, including cleaning and repairing
- Provide sales support as required
- Complete and submit invoices and expense reports accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform an average of 4.5 service calls per day
- Project a professional company image in daily interactions with customers
- Assist with warehouse duties and other responsibilities as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- Successful completion of Meridian's 9-week comprehensive new hire training program, which covers: electrical and mechanical fundamentals; troubleshooting; preventative maintenance procedures; and model-specific, manufacturer-certified training
Konica Minolta Offers:
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Ongoing professional development training
- Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
Join Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the Workplace of the Future.™
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.