Occupational Therapist-OT (PRN)
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Rocky River Gardens Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
Rocky River Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center is currently seeking for a remarkable Occupational Therapist / OT PRN to join our team!
The Occupational Therapist (OTR) organizes and conducts occupational therapy programs for the in-house Therapy Department. S/he directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. The Occupational Therapist/ OTR facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology.
- Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care.
- Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers, implements the occupational therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Services include but are not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as cognitive skills, muscle strength, coordination, endurance, mobility, perceptual abilities, sensory awareness, sitting and standing tolerance, balance, activities of daily living, joint protection, work simplification, orientation and/or physical agent modalities.
- Supervision of Occupational Therapy Assistants, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
- Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
- Consults with and/or makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
- Puts patient service first: ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
- Designs, fabricates, fits and/or applies adaptive devices, and trains patients in the use of adaptive devices including orthotics and prosthetics.
- Must be a graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited by and meet ACOTE standards.
- Must have initial registration from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
- Must be able to practice occupational therapy per state guidelines and be licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required for Occupational Therapy practice in Ohio.