Registered Nurse -OR
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Mount Auburn Hospital
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides competent compassionate nursing care based on scientific principles and the use of the nursing process.
2. Collaborates with other professionals and directs nonprofessional nursing personnel in maintaining recognized standards, policies, and procedures.
3. Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current nursing and health care practices by maintaining CEU requirements for Board of Registration in Nursing eligibility.
4. Administers medication according to nursing/hospital/unit policy/procedure without errors.
5. Assesses patients needs, plans nursing care, implements the plan of care, and evaluates results as evidenced by documentation in accordance with the policies and standards set by the Nursing Department.
6. Provides and documents education to patients and their significant others.
7. Maintains BCLS certification and attends annual education fair.
8. Maintains unit competencies.
9. Performs the circulating and scrub roles for the following procedures representative of MAH Surgical Services specialties:
Vascular: Fem-pop bypass AAA Carotid A-V Fistula Vein ligations
Neuro: Lumbar laminectomy Cervical laminectomy Craniotomy Burr holes V-P shunt
Plastic/Hand: Mini-fragment set External fixation Microscope Breast reduction Implants ORIF
Gyn: Laparoscopy Ectopic Ovarian cystectomy, oophorectomy D&E equipment Hysteroscopy
ENT: Tracheostomy Nasal Bleeds Sinus endoscopy Mastoidectomy Stapedectomy Laryngoscopy Tonsillectomy Myringotomy/tubes
Ortho: Richards hip ODC A/O Synthes Arthroscopy ORIF ACL
GU: Lithotripsy: electrohydrolic, ultrasonic Cysto, Retrogrades, TUR, continuous flow Ureteroscopy, stents Radical prostatectomy Brachytherapy Circumcision
General: Lap Chole Bowel resection Organ harvest Breast surgery Hernia repair Port-a-cath
Cardiothoracic: Bronchoscopy Thoracoscopy Thoracotomy Pacemaker Assists in preparing for CABG, MVR Scrubs to hold heart Identifies/reviews location of supplies Ophthalmology: Cataract Entropion repair R&R Podiatry Laser Surgery: GYN GU ENT Ophthalmology