Patient Care Coordinator (Administrative)
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Mount Auburn Hospital
As a Patient Care Coordinator you will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Home Care team as needed and will coordinate all assignments (assigns admissions, per diem visits, extra case managed visits and contract agency staff) for specific disciplines for the Agency.
- Contacts clinical staff, patients, and/or caregiver regarding admissions, cancellations, and scheduling changes and responsible for both day and evening assignments.
- Answers and triages all phone calls for each discipline as quickly as possible in a pleasant manner.
- Maintains a computer data base on all scopes of service on active patients.
- Prints team referrals when notified by intake team.
- Prepares, types, and distributes memos, announcements, and necessary correspondence for the team.
- Copies team materials as needed.
- Assists in orientation of staff.
- Maintains adequate clinical supplies and equipment, including equipment upkeep.