Physical Therapist - Home Care - Watertown
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Mount Auburn Hospital
As a nonprofit agency, CareGroup Parmenter Home Care & Hospice, Inc., an affiliate of Mount Auburn Hospital, strives to achieve our mission of excellence with compassion. We develop a comprehensive care plan of your goals to improve health and fostering independence as well as maintain or improving the quality and dignity of life in the face of disease, disability or aging process for all we serve. Are you interested in working with an organization that provides exceptional leadership, outstanding Hospital-based compensation with legendary weekend differentials, compensation and comprehensive benefits? Come join our compassionate team!
1. Evaluates referred patients accurately using appropriate tests, measurements, and history.
2. Develops comprehensive treatment plans in conjunction with the patient and/or family and physician which is based on the evaluation results and includes the frequency and duration of treatment, long- and short-term goals, and expected functional outcomes.
3. Administers appropriate therapeutic techniques accurately and continuously monitors the patient's response to treatment, modifying the program as needed.
4. Assists in orientation, training, and supervision of physical therapist assistants, aides, students, and volunteers assigned to participate in patient care or departmental projects.
5. Documents patient care accurately and in a timely way in the medical record and as needed to facilitate continued care or billing.
6. Confers with the patient and/or family, referring physician, staff, vendors, or other facilities to facilitate or coordinate care, obtain patient equipment, or assist with discharge planning.
7. Maintains and enhances professional knowledge and skills through participation in continuing education programs, professional organizations, and/or review of professional literature.
8. Participates in departmental meetings, projects, and ongoing performance improvement activities.
9. Participates in inservices, rounds, orientations, and committees within the hospital and/or the community to advance understanding of Physical Therapy services and contribute to patient care and employee safety.