Director of Practice Operations
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Mount Auburn Hospital
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of MAPS and responsible to the Director of Network Development and Physician Relations of MAPS, the Operations Director is responsible for the operations of MAPS physician practices. While each Operations Director is assigned a finite number of specific practices, individual Operations Directors are expected to work as a team to oversee operations as a whole and flexibly respond to management initiatives. Management of individual practices includes the annual development and achievement of budgeted financial and other operating goals. The Operations Director is responsible for working within the MAPS team environment to analyze, develop and implement operating changes designed to achieve strategic goals. The Operations Director also functions as the key player in the relationship between physicians and mid-level providers, and the individual practices and MAPS management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Budget development and management responsibilities include preparation, submission and management of annual budget for all assigned practices. Develops and implements systems and initiatives to ensure that operational and budget goals are met. Evaluates capital equipment needs for assigned practices.
2. Recruits, Develops, and Supervises Practice Lead Staff. Sets goals and evaluates performance annually. Provides direction, support and training to ensure that goals are met.
3. Develops and implements organizational and departmental Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance by monitoring, providing training and taking corrective action as needed.
4. Monitors compliance to federal regulations and guidelines. Works collaboratively with Physician Billing Service and Providers to communicate standards and identify requirements. Develops and implements procedures to ensure that requirements are met.
5. Revenue cycle management responsibilities include implementation and of policies and procedures to ensure the timely and accurate capture of patient information and charges to facilitate timely billing and maximize revenue. Works closely with Physician Billing Services to continuously improve the revenue cycle. Participates in hospital initiatives to improve financial performance.
6. Liaison between Clinical Chiefs, Physicians, mid-levels, practice staff and group practice management. Identifies and responds to concerns.
7. Works closely with Practices and Community Relations to develop and support organizational and practice marketing initiatives. Develops and implements marketing plans for new practices and programs.
8. Coordinates allocation of resources from Hospital-based departments including but not limited to Human Resources, Engineering, Information Services, Purchasing, Transport, Protection Services and Forms Control.
9. Supports the Human Resources function of recruitment, orientation, performance evaluation, and corrective action policy. Works closely with practice leads and Human Resource Associates to ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
10. Works with the Electronic Health Record Manager, MACIPA, and IS to implement and provide ongoing support to the electronic health record system. Using the system, analyzes practice quality and safety issues and implements policies and procedures to improve patient quality and safety.
11. Supports the Director of Network Development and Physician Relations with development and implementation of organizational and departmental goals. Develops initiatives to continuously improve processes in assigned practices. Participates in MAPS and hospital -wide process improvement efforts.