Manager Senior, Information Technology
Posted on May 18, 2019 by USAA
- HUMAN RESOURCES: First level people management responsibilities include hiring, termination, performance management and pay management. Provides formal and informal training and coaching to team in expected behaviors and activities. Monitors and tracks progression of unit goals and objectives. Directs quality work efforts, team assignments and problem resolution.
- DOMAIN: Operational Management (Day to Day): Accountable for the day to day operation of technical domain. Engages and involves all necessary USAA teams as appropriate. Regularly identifies, monitors and evaluates key metrics to ensure health and progress within respective domains. Anticipates and responds appropriately to new demands, priorities, challenges, or obstacles. Defines and articulates a clear role and direction for own work unit, consistent with the organization's mission, strategy and direction. Collaborates with executives and/or senior directors with defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Each manager is expected to manage and forecast unit level expenses which may include department allocations, Product/Component, 3rd Party, project/program, software and vendor expenses.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Effectively manages relationships with customer and supporting teams during execution of unit responsibilities. Communicates appropriately with teams, customers, and peers through all communication channels. Follows up on critical issues in a timely manner.
- VENDOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Manages and leverages the relationship with 3rd Party vendors to ensure achievement of domain objectives. May be responsible for vendor management activities including service agreements, staff augmentation and technology contracts.
- Bachelor's degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in a business, analytical or technology support function.
- 3 or more years as a team lead or manager in a relevant business function or technology environment.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience maturing an enterprise program in vulnerability management or secure configuration assessment, and leading resources responsible for executing the program.
- Experience developing performance and health metrics for vulnerability management or secure configuration assessment programs and conveying the status of the program to upper management.
- Experience in management of information security resources and policy or standards development.
- Experience in demonstrating information security policy compliance to internal and external audit and regulatory agencies.
- Leadership of teams in a high stress, high operational tempo environment.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day to apply to the opening is 04/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.