Software Developer - Entry Level
Posted on May 18, 2019 by USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- May perform defect correction on less critical development defects, and/or begins to analyze requirements, develop coding skills to code simple applications.
- Learns to install, customize and integrate commercial software packages.
- Works with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing.
- Develops an understanding of customer requirements and how to respond to outages by following the appropriate processes.
- Learns to create system documentation/play book and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager/delegates.
- Works with senior team members to develop understanding on developing accurate estimates on work packages.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience in Information Technology beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR certification from an approved technical field of study
- Up to 2 years of development experience or coursework in applicable discipline OR Successful completion of military enlistment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- Experience developing full stack software solutions with development languages such as Java, C#, C++, etc.
- Experience with API development or Front-End development
- Demonstrated experience of coding ability through StackOverflow, Github, Portfolio, Etc.
USAA Software Developers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committee
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.