VP, Chief Information Officer
Posted on May 18, 2019 by USAA
- Leads design and execution of USAA's information technology strategy, taking into account USAA's business strategy and complex regulations and nuanced supervisory expectations, including how they apply in a matrixed commercial environment.
- Role models USAA's mission, core values, culture and desired behaviors - including a culture of risk and regulatory awareness and accountability.
- Develops talent in the information team to deliver performance and results - including the identification, development and retention of talent with requisite information technology capabilities.
- Drives operations of the information team- including core business processes and technologies.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting commitments by setting and clearly communicating expectations and roles and responsibilities relative to information technology activities.
Technical and Risk Responsibilities
- Ensures the applicable technology portfolio enables the lines of business to achieve their strategic and operational goals and that appropriate technology solutions are employed to deliver excellent experiences to members.
- Develops and maintains a competitive advantage through the integration of systems, emerging technologies and processes resulting in operational efficiencies and organizational effectiveness.
- Directs the activities of USAA employees and 3rd Party IT professionals engaged in application development and maintenance of cross business unit Enterprise IT systems.
- Manages and develops business relationships with leaders across the enterprise to assess impact of internet technologies on strategic business needs including SVP/Chief Security Officer, SVP/Chief Marketing Officer, VP/Enterprise Document Management and VP/Chief Digital Officer.
- Proactively designs infrastructure and develops reusable systems for the Enterprise. Also evaluates risks and implements appropriate controls to mitigate identified risks.
- Provides technology strategies and advice that align and support USAA enterprise system initiatives. This includes the identification of business alternatives, systems development, software acquisition, and ongoing systems maintenance.
- Partners with the Chief Privacy Officer to understand all privacy and data policies; implements overarching policy to maintain control over member and employee data.
- Oversees the development and implementation of activities required to improve application delivery processes to targeted levels.
- Provides policy and guidance to ensure compliance of applications and processes with corporate and regulatory standards.
- Implements the IT architecture and participating in planning activities; oversees the IT budget and maintains responsibility for performance management, IT acquisition oversight, professional development, and training.
- Experience with resource management to include capacity, financials and expense management of portfolios valued at or over 1 billion USD.
- Strong program management vision and expertise in producing the right flow of data and insights to inspire action and decisioning across technology.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a multi-discipline, agile and continuous integration environment.
- Recent experiencing leading in a financial services with strong understanding of regulatory requirements pertaining to technology capacity and assets.