Posted on May 18, 2019 by Old Dominion Freight Line
Old Dominion is currently recruiting for a Linehaul Supervisor to join our OD Family Culture. This role will successfully manage the linehaul department of the service center. This role will also directly manage, supervise and assign tasks to Line Haul Drivers to ensure proper utilization and development of team members while meeting customer expectations. Responsible for achieving the department, service center and company standards for safety, quality, efficiency, cost, service and delivery and training and development. Our Linehaul Drivers are critical memebers to our OD Family; they help to accurately deliver our customer's freight and help us keep our promises.Responsibilities
- Monitors and evaluates the safety of each employee on a daily basis, trains on safety processes as needed.
- Monitors multiple service center lanes to ensure freight reaches service centers in time for efficient cross docking.
- Track expedited freight to ensure it arrives to the customer on time
- Provide training and feedback to Line Haul Drivers on a continual basis regarding RPM, over speed and idle scores
- Conduct daily inspections to ensure compliance with local, state and Federal safety regulations, OSHA and DOT compliance
- Conduct quarterly safety meetings
- Motivate Line Haul Drivers to exceed goals and maintain the 99% On Time percentage
- Communicate with dock supervisors in order to get trailers loaded and moved to the final destination
- Make quick and informed decisions based on volume levels and communicate schedules to Line Haul Drivers
- Provide analyses and recommendations for operations improvements within the shift, department and service center
- Work closely with all of the Service Center Management and Central Dispatch to ensure alignment in meeting daily, weekly, monthly and yearly business objectives
- Must be able to work varying shifts as needed depending on customer pickup and delivery schedules
- High School diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred
- 2 year supervisory experience, preferable in the transportation industry
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate others and work with a variety of people
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- "Birthday Holiday" who doesn't love some extra attention on their Birthday?
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).