Software Engineer - Front End
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer - Front End
You will be part of a team working to modernize our customer's experience and create digital solutions meet our company's needs. You'll help create an intuitive and efficient user experience that allows our associates and customers to interact seamlessly and exchange documents and information over a secured channel. You will also help modernize legacy applications and transform them in to scalable, cloud enabled applications designed specifically AWS.
Aside from "building cool stuff", you will learn industry standards like security, session management, CI/CD practices, and keep up to date on the latest technology trends and development best practices.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- Experience with React, Angular or Vue
- Experience in Agile practices
- Experience with Automated Testing Frameworks such as Jest, Jasmine, Mocha
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- 1+ years of experience building web applications in AWS
- 1+ years of experience with DevOps tools for CI/CD including but not limited to Jenkins, Circle CI, Chef
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.