Director, Software Engineering
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Software Engineering
We are looking for a Director of Software Engineering for ATM Platforms (Automated Teller Machines) to join us as we drive to disrupt the Banking industry with leading edge autonomous in person digital experiences that facilitate what our customers want to do, and delight them along the way. In this capacity, you will be responsible for leading, managing, mentoring, and evolving an extremely talented Engineering team to help deliver a game changing products. You will build solutions for our ATM fleet, as well as in our open source in the public cloud with great CI/CD, configuration management and automation tools such as GIT, Jenkins, and Ansible along with containerization and micro services solutions. You are a leader that must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. You bring an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new consumer-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers. If you are a true technologist at heart, with the ability and DevOps acumen to challenge the status quo and want to provide an inspiring and compelling working environment that allows your engineering teams to push the digital boundaries within the Banking industry, check off the boxes below and read on!
- Technologist: Strong engineering and technology background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into ATM platform & DevOps technology solutions.
- Motivated: Must have deep technical credibility with engineering organizations, and ability to recruit top engineers .
- Passionate: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization .
- Entrepreneurial: Flexible, resourceful, figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality .
- Communication: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff.
- Achiever: Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals .
- Curious: Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working.
- Bold: History of taking smart risks and aggressively leading through change.
- Detailed: Ability to manage financial responsibilities associated with the ownership of an entire DevOps team.
- Partner Attitude: Have the competencies to build very strong partnerships with other Technology leaders that enable your team's ability to stay on the leading edge of industry solutions.
- Manage ATM platform engineering teams to deliver technology solutions in support of business strategy and growth.
- Manage a portfolio of technologies that support software being built to provide a wide range of technology to support our ATM fleet..
- Mentor, coach and lead developers in using automation, configuration and container tooling.
- Partner and influence enterprise organizations in the evolution of DevOps technologies.
- Engage in product discussions, influence the ATM platform capabilities roadmap, and guide technical direction.
- Evolve an agile delivery model that builds on a very collaborative, open and rapid interaction between intent providers and technology execution.
- Work with senior level stakeholders in the Technology organization to identify and define the next generation ATM platform opportunities and drive a game changing Banking strategy driven by technology.
- Build/Influence AWS practices and implementations for non production and production environments.
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best software engineering talent and enable our diverse, inclusive and customer centric culture.
- Bachelors Degree.
- At least 5 years experience with object-oriented programming and design with Java, C++ or .NET.
- At least 5 years experience leading software engineering teams.
- At least 2 years experience delivering APIs or microservices, Data Streaming or DevOps solutions.
- Masters Degree in Engineering and Computer Science fields.
- 3+ years of experience leveraging and managing cloud - AWS.
- 2+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience in Windows application development and administration.
- 2+ years of experience leveraging automation tooling, Docker, Jenkins and Ansible
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.