Senior Network Engineer
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Laureate Education Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly support the Laurate Security Services organization while embedded within the Global Services Management organization
- Work in conjunction with other engineers and administrators to provide a solid platform for Laureate global and university specific applications
- Provide subject matter expertise for networking protocols and technologies
- Assist with the design and support of Laureate global data center network needs and various tenant spaces supporting Laureate member schools.
- Work closely with the Network Architects to develop strategic architecture to improve reliability and performance while decreasing total cost of ownership for our global corporate network.
- Administrate safeguards and coordinate security and control activities for the networking area as defined by the Security Engineers (Information Security team under the direction of the CISO)
- Track hardware/software assets and manage their deployment.
- Propose and implement enhancements to improve performance, manageability, scalability and reliability of network systems.
- Work closely with the Security Engineers and Network Architects on implementing and enforcing security policies. Able to prioritize assignments as they come from both Security and Network teams.
- Provide support for a 24/7/365 data center environment
- Ensure that all responsibilities can be performed by other team members through standardization, automation, documentation and cross-training
- Ability to travel 20%
- Create and maintain documentation using Visio and other tools - maintained in SharePoint and other collaborative environments