Hyperion Planning Developer
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Laureate Education Inc.
Job Description:Laureate Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:LAUR) is a leading provider of post-secondary education on an international scale. Laureate offers high-quality undergraduate, graduate, and specialized degree programs in a wide range of academic disciplines that result in strong employment and social mobility outcomes for its students. The Company is dedicated to being a Movement of change in the higher education industry and the communities that it serves, with a focus on preparing its students to engage and positively contribute to their communities and to the world. Laureate is one of the largest Public Benefit Corporations (PBC), a new class of corporation committed to creating a positive impact on society. After becoming a publicly listed company on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, the Company became the first PBC to go public on any stock exchange in the world.
Laureate embraces three main operating principles: collaboration, outcomes, and innovation . These core principals are central to how we will achieve our operating plans . Equally important is our people! Laureate is committed to fostering authentic and empathic leaders that will create a positively energized work environment and unleash the best in our employees. For more information, visit .
Laureate Education is seeking a Hyperion Developer. You will be a key member of the IT EPM team within Laureate Corporate Technology, responsible for development and administration of the EPM suite including Hyperion Planning and Essbase as well as reporting using both Hyperion Financial Reporting and OBIEE. The position will provide the maintenance, governance, testing, and process administration functions required to maintain the Global Hyperion Financial Reporting applications in support of the period forecast, budget, and long range planning processes. This position will participate as part of the Global BI team with data expertise and any development or administration assistance needed. This position works closely with FP&A to review the current system functionality, system performance, and process improvement opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of Hyperion Planning and Essbase systems developing new functionality and applications needed to support Global Financial Planning and Reporting.
- Administrator for the Hyperion applications including Hyperion Planning and Essbase.
- Maintain and modify system development as needed.
- Create new applications, as needed using BSO, ASO, & Hybrid Planning.
- Manage and ensure that financial data loaded to various Hyperion Planning systems are complete and that validation checks are performed throughout the process
- Identify high-level conceptual process improvements within the existing Hyperion applications
- Collaborate with FP&A team on annual budget process and manage the budgeting and forecasting processes throughout the year.
- Provide business unit support & end user training. Support will include basic troubleshooting, smart view training, and creation of financial reports via Hyperion Financial reports.
- Project work throughout the year focusing on current Hyperion applications, improved financial reporting, and executive reporting
- Work closely with business users to define requirements and project scope
- Translate strategic business needs into practical detailed technical design.
- Provide expertise in Hyperion Planning, Essbase and related to outlines, calculations, load rules, Web Forms, Smart Views, Security and application validation.
- Recommend ways to enhance financial analytic reporting for the end user and effectively communicate with and present to top management.
- Design and build required reports using Hyperion reporting application
- Optimization of Essbase and Planning applications