Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Laureate Education Inc.
Job Description:GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all aspects of student accounts. This position is responsible for maintaining processes and communicating with other functional areas of the University (such as Registrar, Financial Aid, Accounting, Financial Account Management and Student Support) to ensure that student charges and payments on accounts are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains a productive relationship with Financial Aid, Accounting and Registrar teams in order to determine accuracy of student accounts.
- Complete daily analysis of student refunds to determine eligibility for release to students.
- Post eligible refunds to student accounts in Banner
- Complete a daily/weekly refund reconciliation to ensure refunds are processed timely, accurately and in compliance with federal regulations
- Create and submit student refund payment vouchers for approval.
- Ensure compliance to SOX internal controls for refund processing.
- Review student account history in combination with pending financial aid to determine eligibility for a Book Advance.
- Performs closing daily cashiering sessions, and processes feed reports via the Banner finance module.
- Provides student support and responds to student and staff inquiries via Salesforce and other CRM tools.
- Other duties as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES This position may perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Accounts Receivable Manager